IBM Product Briefing
Purpose-built security and integration platform for mobile, web, API and Cloud workloads.
IBM DataPower Gateway helps organizations meet the security and integration needs of a digital business with a single multi-channel gateway. It provides security, control, integration, and access to a full range of workloads, including mobile, web, application programming interface (API), service-oriented architecture (SOA), B2B and cloud. The single, “drop-in” gateway helps simplify topology, reduce development costs, and streamline operations.
- Rapidly expand the scope of valuable IT assets to new channels to give customers, employees, and partners access to critical resources.
- Use a single-entry point to gain enterprise-grade security across business channels with the highest level of security assurance certification.
- Gain near real-time visibility of transactions and centralized operations for faster problem determination and operational resiliency.
Product names relevant to this briefing include IBM Integration, DataPower, IBM DataPower Gateway, Enterprise Automation, Enterprise Connectivity, Enterprise Integration, XML Appliance, Security Appliance.
To remain competitive in the era of digital business and ever rising customer expectations, organizations must focus more intensely on the quality of their interactions with customers and business partners and innovate across more channels than ever, web and mobile platforms, in the cloud, and through applications and services via APIs. But these innovations bring new risks and challenges related to accessing, securing, and integrating workloads, data, and technologies across a diverse ecosystem in a cost-effective way. A secure, multichannel gateway can help meet these challenges.
IBM provides the greatest flexibility through multiple deployment options to fit a wide array of business needs including on-premises, multiple cloud, and hybrid options. Whether in an IBM or heterogeneous back-end environment, DataPower Gateway provides the same robust security, integration, control and optimized access to radically reduce risk, simplify infrastructure, reduce development costs, and speed delivery of new services. It is proven for use in DMZ (demilitarised zone) by clients with stringent security needs (i.e. Governments, Financial Svcs, Retail). DataPower Gateway is the API gateway for the industry-leading IBM API Connect™ offering.
- Proven, DMZ ready Gateway.
- New API Gateway Service – 10X performance over MPGP; optimized for API Connect.
- 4 Form Factors, Physical, VM, Linux, and Docker.
- Built-in policies for security, traffic management and mediation to protect against threats, authenticate users, manage traffic and more.
- Enterprise-grade security with the highest level of security assurance certification for mission-critical enterprise applications.
- High-performance hardware acceleration.
- High-speed any-to-any message transformation, transport protocol bridging, database connectivity, mainframe connectivity and content-based routing.
- Drag-and-drop assembly for many complex API policies, no XML is required.
- Offline and laptop development capabilities through the API Connect Developer Toolkit.
- Simple governance models for lines of business allowing an API to be published to a single corporate portal.
- Compliance with the Open Banking Security Profile standard.
- API Management: Accelerate digital innovation and transformations with APIs (REST & SOAP).
- Hybrid Cloud Integration: Secure and optimize web and mobile applications in cloud platforms.
- Enterprise Integration Gateway: Securely connect applications and services while optimizing delivery of workload.
- Multi-Channel Gateway: Adopt a single enforcement point that supports modern channels (Mobile/API) with traditional channels (SOA, B2B, and Web).
Why would you be interested?
Companies across the Retail, Financial Services, Healthcare, and Travel & Transportation sectors use the DataPower Gateway to protect and monitor online or mobile self-service customer interactions. The product is able to throttle traffic, protect at the application layer and the network layer to protect against both “Denial of service” & “SQL injection attack” style of interference.
If you are concerned about;
- Security of your online applications and APIs.
- Decreasing customer retention or satisfaction, or declining buyer conversion rates.
- Inability to offer a more personalized, real-time experience.
DataPower is a proven solution used across industry, with a proven track record. It integrates well with other IBM products such as IBM App Connect Enterprise (ACE) to form a very robust solution.
DataPower development is a “low coding” environment where security connectivity and integration are configured rather than coded. Much of the security complexity is prebuilt so you are not “re-inventing the wheel”.
Richard Whyte has been building enterprise IT solutions for over 20 years. He is known for creating innovative practical solutions that provide a strong foundation for future development, whilst solving immediate problems. Previously the European CTO and Principal Architect for IBM Systems Middleware at IBM, he has an MBA, a degree in Statistics and Computing, is a Chartered Engineer, a Chartered IT Professional, and Fellow of both the Institute of Technology and the British Computer Society.