Full Stack Developer
Responsiv are looking for a dynamic and energetic full stack developer with a particular interest in Java, web scripting, and commercial product development.
We are developing for ourselves and our customers, as set of systems that require significant web and mobile interface development. You will help us to deliver our Responsiv Unity platform, internal solutions, and customer solutions.
The role will include all aspects of software development, including dynamic forms, user input capture, API development, algorithms, and the rest. It will also require efficient development of Linux applications and system integration as well as the Android and Apple mobile development.
You will be involved with sales and marketing, creating informational materials, and implementing code.
Salary: £30,000 – 50,000
Benefits include pension and private medical care.
This role currently reports directly to the Head of Development.
Responsible for all aspects of software development, including adoption and commitment to standards, controlling development processes and quality assurance.
This role has no budget responsibility.
Responsiv specialise in conceiving and delivering technology solutions that connect systems, people, and markets to share information and automate business processes.
We have strategic partnerships with IBM, Red Hat, and Microsoft, and have a vibrant partnering and associate programme. We leverage these relationships to deliver exceptional skills and experience to projects.
- Working with modern UI development frameworks (Vue, React, Angular, etc);
- Working with Git (merges, pull requests, basic understanding of common branching models);
- Web security fundamentals (HTTPS, CORS, OAuth, SAML, JWT)
- API design fundamentals;
- Package managers (Yum, Yarn);
- Testing frameworks (Mocha, Chai, Jest, etc).
- Java/C and/or knowledge in equivalent programming language;
- SQL and Database Fundamentals;
- Knowledge of SOAP and other integration technologies;
- Software Architecture Fundamentals (SOA/ESB Basics);
- Comfortable having responsibility for key technical decisions and problem resolution. You own challenges to completion, delivering to tight deadlines, and coordinating multiple stakeholders;
- Highly organised, confident with developing plans and justification;
- Interested and familiar with researching and developing insights;
You are practiced with modern DevOps and development techniques with a broad knowledge and appreciation of the art of the possible. You are skilled researching and developing software designs, and with presenting and sharing understanding and insights about our products, and the business opportunities they represent.
- Confident learning about new products, technologies, and vendors;
- Confident presenting to large audiences (conferences);
You want the opportunity to learn new things, develop your skills and knowledge, and to demonstrate your ability to make a difference. You are looking for an interesting, demanding career, where you can clearly see the impact of your contribution.
- Commissioning and planning product releases
You will demonstrate experience and a track record for owning problems and delivering results. You have examples of design, architecture, and other materials that demonstrate a command of communication styles. You have excellent written and spoken English, and evidence of your ability to understand new ideas and articulate them to an audience.
About the role
This role currently reports to the technical development lead and is responsible for all aspects of product development, including understanding the state of development practices and available technologies, and developing, commissioning, release planning, and execution.
The role will inform the board on state of the art of applicable technology futures, as well as on the status of various product deliveries.
Strategy and research
Responsible for identification of new features that can drive new opportunities, and for being the source of detailed insights into the possibilities for adding value to our offerings.
Understanding and sharing current development tools and techniques.
- Research and write posts about products, projects, etc;
- Assemble and publish product briefings and insights;
- Assemble and publish market insights to staff and customers;
Developing and commissioning features
Our product portfolio consists of Responsiv Unity, an Open Banking gateway, and assorted smaller products. We are about to embark on design and development of a new Responsiv SaaS platform.
Responsiv Unity is a modular enterprise connectivity and automation platform that includes operating systems, IBM and Opensource products, and Responsiv developed components.
Secure Payments Gateway is a multi-site Open Banking (PSD2) gateway that employs high security features and high availability.
Our planned SaaS products are essentially end-point applications or applications that require significant UI, database, and data manipulation, including AI technology.
- Responsiv do not sponsor work permits. We require you to have an unencumbered right to work in the UK.
- We will expect you to work most of the time from our Bracknell offices and to live within a reasonable commute distance.
Richard Whyte has been building enterprise IT solutions for over 20 years. He is known for creating innovative practical solutions that provide a strong foundation for future development, whilst solving immediate problems. Previously the European CTO and Principal Architect for IBM Systems Middleware at IBM, he has an MBA, a degree in Statistics and Computing, is a Chartered Engineer, a Chartered IT Professional, and Fellow of both the Institute of Technology and the British Computer Society.