API and DataPower Consultant
Responsiv is recruiting for an experienced API and DataPower specialist who can develop and administer the IBM API Connect and IBM DataPower products, and has a good general understanding and knowledge of networking, firewall and load balancer configuration, security protocols, and Linux administration.
You will be working with Responsiv project teams to deliver customer projects, as well as delivering solo engagements with customers from across the UK and occasionally Europe. When not on customer projects you will provide support to the Responsiv Assist service desk, solution pre-sales, and have time for self paced training, or creating materials to help others to understand the technologies.
If you are looking for something a bit different, where you encounter fresh challenges on a day to day basis and have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest brands in finance, retail, government and more, then you need to speak to us.
We’re a rapidly growing company, working with some of the UK’s best brands and smartest people. We deliver exciting and innovative enterprise level solutions to our clients with key focus areas of Systems Integration, Business Automation, Cloud Computing, the Digital Economy, and Smart Technology. We are continually learning and evolving as an organisation and we are looking for new people to come and evolve with us. We provide extensive training and development opportunities, self-paced courses and on the job learning.
Salary: TBA – Dependent on your skills and experience.
Holiday: 24 days plus public holidays
Benefits: include pension and private medical care, and personal performance bonus.
This is a customer facing, consultative role that will require travel (subject to the current restrictions) across UK and Europe.
If this role is not for you, our other open vacancies can be found here.
Identifier: MK00023 API and DataPower Consultant.
About the role
The role is for a confident and highly capable technical specialist who will play a senior role in the technical community with opportunities to publish your thoughts, influence how Responsiv uses these products, and work with the IBM company to influence development of new features. The role requires travel for customer sites, being available for mentoring and though leadership to our technical community, and the ability to research and solve problems solo and as part of a team.
The role is to provide detailed and accurate development, administration, installations, upgrades, and to be able to develop architectures and designs for network topologies and deployments of the products. It requires continual professional development, maintaining currency in the products and critical dependencies as they evolve.
As with all staff, we expect you to be comfortable sharing your knowledge and helping others to understand and master these products and benefit from your experiences (past and present). Our culture of mentoring and team based problem solving requires you to be present in the offices in Bracknell as much as possible.
We expect you to be comfortable supporting presales activity, including writing proposals and presenting to all levels of a business, including C-level executives, developers, infrastructure specialists, and line of business staff.
Provide Specialist skills to development teams in support of their DataPower/APP-Connect projects
- Provide thought leadership in design meetings, support to infrastructure teams, and mentoring to customer and Responsiv staff
- Demonstrate strong administration and development experience using API Connect and DataPower
- Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and apply information to problem solving
Be the go-to person for security and related technologies:
- Gateway (i.e. Xi52, XB62, XC10, XG45 etc);
- Security protocols, TLS/SSL configuration etc;
- Development of Linux and various scripting and programming languages as well as with API configuration and DataPower development.
- Breakdown complex requirements into modular components / integrations;
- Clear and confident technical communication skills;
- Discussion with business and technical users to understand and document requirements;
- Support pre-sales activities in collaboration with other Responsiv and/or IBM consultants.
You are expected to have significant experience in all aspects of the role, and to be adaptable to new challenges, maintain currency in techniques and approaches, and to work well with both business and technical communities.
Expert knowledge of
- DataPower and related technologies, including XSLT, Java, Security integration, XACML, etc.
- Development life cycles. including first-hand experience of agile and waterfall delivery methodologies.
- Design, Planning, and Development of logic on DataPower and API-Connect platforms
- OAuth 2.0 credential grant authentication
- OpenID Connect hybrid flow authentication and the customisation of these flows
- Implementing mutual SSL with API-C (or the load balancer in front of it)
- Customising the API-Connect portal
Good knowledge of
- Creating concise PowerPoint slides for senior stakeholder distribution
- Developing bid responses and documenting requirements and designs
- Stakeholder management and team/project management
You want something a bit different, where you encounter fresh challenges on a day to day basis and have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest brands in finance, retail, government and more, then you need to speak to us.
You will demonstrate experience in the IBM products and a track record for owning problems and delivering results.
Responsiv specialise in conceiving and delivering technology solutions that connect systems, people, and markets to share information and automate business processes.
We have strategic partnerships with IBM, Red Hat, and Microsoft, and have a vibrant partnering and associate programme. We leverage these relationships to deliver exceptional skills and experience to projects.
Our company is based and operates predominantly in the UK.
- Responsiv do not sponsor work permits. We require you to have an unencumbered right to work in the UK.
- We will expect you to work from our Bracknell offices when not on customer projects, and to live within a reasonable commute distance.