API and DataPower Developer
Responsiv Solutions are a fast-growing consulting company specialising in fixed price delivery of complex enterprise integration solutions.
We work with many of the country’s largest companies across a number of industries, including financial services, retail, and government.
Benefits include pension and private medical care, profit share (after 12 months) and personal performance bonus.
This is a customer facing, consultative role that requires significant travel across UK and Europe.
Responsiv specialise in conceiving and delivering technology solutions that connect systems, people, and markets to share information and automate business processes.
We have strategic partnerships with IBM, Red Hat, and Microsoft, and have a vibrant partnering and associate programme. We leverage these relationships to deliver exceptional skills and experience to projects.
Our company is based and operates predominantly in the UK.
About the role
We are seeking a full-time, experienced IBM DataPower and IBM API-Connect developer to support our project portfolio. We expect you to be comfortable directing installations and supporting customers with advice and guidance, as well as being able to develop complex configurations on the DataPower device.
Your experience with API-Connect will include installation, configuration of policies and APIs, and use of the product in conjunction with IBM APP-Connect software.
We expect you to be comfortable supporting presales activity, including writing proposals and presenting to all levels of a business, including C-level executives, developers, infrastructure specialists, and line of business staff. Key responsibilities:
- Provide Specialist skills to development teams in support of their DataPower/APP-Connect projects;
- Provide thought leadership in design meetings, support to infrastructure teams, and mentoring to customer and Responsiv staff;
- Demonstrate strong experience using API Connect, micro-service architectures, node.js.
Be the go-to person for security and related technologies:
- Gateway (i.e. Xi52, XB62, XC10, XG45 etc);
- Security protocols, TLS/SSL configuration etc;
- Development of Linux and various scripting and programming languages as well as with API configuration and DataPower development.
- Breakdown complex requirements into modular components / integrations;
- Clear & confident technical communication skills;
- Discussion with business and technical users to understand and document requirements;
- Support pre-sales activities in collaboration with other Responsiv and/or IBM consultants.
You are expected to have significant experience in all aspects of the role, and to be adaptable to new challenges, maintain currency in techniques and approaches, and to work well with both business and technical communities.
Expert knowledge of
- DataPower and related technologies, including XSLT, Java, Security integration, XACML, etc.
- Development life cycles. including first-hand experience of agile and waterfall delivery methodologies.
- Design, Planning, and Development of logic on DataPower and API-Connect platforms
- OAuth 2.0 credential grant authentication
- OpenID Connect hybrid flow authentication and the customisation of these flows
- Implementing mutual SSL with API-C (or the load balancer in front of it)
- Customising the API-Connect portal
Good knowledge of
- Creating concise PowerPoint slides for senior stakeholder distribution
- Developing bid responses and documenting requirements and designs
- Stakeholder management and team/project management
You want something a bit different, where you encounter fresh challenges on a day to day basis and have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest brands in finance, retail, government and more, then you need to speak to us.
You will demonstrate experience in the IBM products and a track record for owning problems and delivering results.
- Responsiv do not sponsor work permits. We require you to have an unencumbered right to work in the UK.
- We will expect you to work most of the time from our Bracknell offices and to live within a reasonable commute distance.
Richard Whyte has been building enterprise IT solutions for over 20 years. He is known for creating innovative practical solutions that provide a strong foundation for future development, whilst solving immediate problems. Previously the European CTO and Principal Architect for IBM Systems Middleware at IBM, he has an MBA, a degree in Statistics and Computing, is a Chartered Engineer, a Chartered IT Professional, and Fellow of both the Institute of Technology and the British Computer Society.