Responsiv is looking for experienced developers to support our project portfolio. To apply you will need to have experience with Linux and various scripting and programming languages as well as with IBM BPM development. Successful candidates will demonstrate good interpersonal skills, excellent spoken and written English, and experience with designing and developing applications as well as leading teams. Extensive training and development opportunities, both “classroom” based and on the job learning.
Salary: £40,000 – £55,000
Benefits include pension and private medical care.
Reports directly to Head of Consulting
Responsible for the completion of client process automation projects, including, development, design and consulting
Responsiv (responsiv.co.uk) specialise in conceiving and delivering technology solutions that connect systems, people, and markets to share information and automate business processes.
We have strategic partnerships with IBM, Red Hat, and Microsoft, and have a vibrant partnering and associate programme. We leverage these relationships to deliver exceptional skills and experience to projects.
Our company is based and operates predominantly in the UK. Please review our website for more information: responsiv.co.uk
About the role
You will play an integral role in the successful completion of client process automation projects both independently and within a team environment. When not on customer sites you will be based from the Responsiv office either on client project work or on one of the many internal projects we run.
- Solo and team development using IBM BPM as well as mentoring and Process Analysis
- Team leading projects as Senior Developer on IBM BPM projects
- Leverage development skills such as Java, ESQL, XML, XSD and XSLT, with a good appreciation of Integration technology and challenges
- Design and architecture for BPM applications and infrastructure
- Create both high- and low-level designs for client solutions
- Design and develop testing and maintenance procedures/activities
- Gather customer requirements and develop related solutions, with support on presales activity
- Understand BPM infrastructure and installation to support presales & post sales consulting.
- Analysis and resolution of problems associated with developed software and the ability to breakdown complex requirements into modular components/processes
You are expected to have a good (2:1) degree in any STEM discipline. With experience in all aspects of the role, and to be adaptable to new challenges, maintain currency in techniques and approaches, and to work well with both business and technical communities.
The key skills we require are the ability to learn new technologies and techniques, thrive in a high-pressure fast-moving environment and the desire to want to be part of something fresh and exciting. We want the right kind of people, the rest we can learn together.
Expert knowledge of
- Deploying and maintaining IBM BPM solutions
- Consulting skills and working with a development team
- Understanding of IT foundations such as Operating Systems, Networks, Systems Administration, etc
Good knowledge of
- Creating concise PowerPoint slides for senior stakeholder distribution
- Technical, Communication, and Project Management skills
- Knowledge of Software Development, DevOps, Networks, Security, Virtual Platforms.
We expect all candidates to be willing to learn new products and skills, have good interpersonal behaviours, and to have the basic disciplines expected from a helpdesk practitioner.
You want something a bit different, where you encounter fresh challenges on a day to day basis and have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest brands in finance, retail, government and more, then you need to speak to us.
- Responsiv do not sponsor work permits. We require you to have an unencumbered right to work in the UK.
- We will expect you to work most of the time from our Bracknell offices and to live within a reasonable commute distance.
Richard Whyte has been building enterprise IT solutions for over 20 years. He is known for creating innovative practical solutions that provide a strong foundation for future development, whilst solving immediate problems. Previously the European CTO and Principal Architect for IBM Systems Middleware at IBM, he has an MBA, a degree in Statistics and Computing, is a Chartered Engineer, a Chartered IT Professional, and Fellow of both the Institute of Technology and the British Computer Society.