This is a senior role that includes mentoring staff and supporting pre-sales, creating informational materials, and providing thought leadership to the consulting team.
You will be working with Responsiv project teams to deliver customer projects, as well as delivering solo engagements with customers from across the UK and occasionally Europe. When not on customer projects you will provide support to the Responsiv Assist service desk, solution pre-sales, and have time for self paced training, or creating materials to help others to understand the technologies.
If you are looking for something a bit different, where you encounter fresh challenges on a day to day basis and have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest brands in finance, retail, government and more, then you need to speak to us.
We’re a rapidly growing company, working with some of the UK’s best brands and smartest people. We deliver exciting and innovative enterprise level solutions to our clients with key focus areas of Systems Integration, Business Automation, Cloud Computing, the Digital Economy, and Smart Technology. We are continually learning and evolving as an organisation and we are looking for new people to come and evolve with us. We provide extensive training and development opportunities, self-paced courses and on the job learning.
Salary: £40,000 – £55,000
Benefits: include pension and private medical care, and personal performance bonus.
If this role is not for you, our other open vacancies can be found here.
Identifier: MK00045 Integration Consultant
About the role
The role is for a confident and highly capable technical specialist who will play a senior role in the technical community with opportunities to publish your thoughts, influence how Responsiv uses these products, and work with the IBM company to influence development of new features. The role requires travel for customer sites, being available for mentoring and though leadership to our technical community, and the ability to research and solve problems solo and as part of a team.
The role is to provide detailed and accurate design, development, and administration of your focus products, and to be able to develop architectures and designs. It requires continual professional development, maintaining currency in the products and critical dependencies as they evolve. This includes all aspects of integration and associated technologies, problem resolution, commissioning, release planning, and execution.
As with all staff, we expect you to be comfortable sharing your knowledge and helping others to understand and master these products and benefit from your experiences (past and present). Our culture of mentoring and team based problem solving requires you to be present in the offices in Bracknell as much as possible.
We expect you to be comfortable supporting presales activity, including writing proposals and presenting to all levels of a business, including C-level executives, developers, infrastructure specialists, and line of business staff.
- Provide Specialist skills to development teams in support of their Integration/Automation projects
- Provide thought leadership in design meetings, support to infrastructure teams, and mentoring to customer and Responsiv staff
- Demonstrate strong administration and development experience using the IBM Integration/Automation products
- Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and apply information to problem solving
Be the go-to person for security and related technologies:
- Integration considerations and technologies
- Security protocols, TLS/SSL configuration etc;
- Development of Linux and various scripting and programming languages as well as with product specific configuration and development.
- Breakdown complex requirements into modular components / integrations;
- Clear and confident technical communication skills;
- Discussion with business and technical users to understand and document requirements;
- Support pre-sales activities in collaboration with other Responsiv and/or IBM consultants.
You are expected to have significant experience in all aspects of the role, and to be adaptable to new challenges, maintain currency in techniques and approaches, and to work well with both business and technical communities.
Expert knowledge of
- IBM Integration and/or Automation and related technologies, including XSLT, Java, Security integration, etc.
- Development life cycles. including first-hand experience of agile and waterfall delivery methodologies.
- Design, Planning, and Development of logic on IBM integration and IBM automation platforms
Good knowledge of
- Creating concise PowerPoint slides for senior stakeholder distribution
- Developing bid responses and documenting requirements and designs
- Stakeholder management and team/project management
You want something a bit different, where you encounter fresh challenges on a day to day basis and have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest brands in finance, retail, government and more, then you need to speak to us.
You will demonstrate experience in the IBM products and a track record for owning problems and delivering results. You have excellent written and spoken English, and evidence of your ability to understand new ideas and articulate them to an audience.
You have at least 5 years of development and some administration experience working with large enterprises and multiple stakeholders. You are a technical leader who is comfortable and have good knowledge of
- Deploying and Developing IBM Middleware solutions
- Consulting skills and working in a development team
- Understanding of IT foundations such as Operating Systems, Networks, Software Development, DevOps, Networks, Security, Virtual Platforms
- Middleware installations and development, including clusters where appropriate
The key skills and the ability to learn new technologies and techniques, thrive in a high-pressure fast-moving environment and the desire to want to be part of something fresh and exciting. You are very comfortable with having responsibility for key technical decisions and problem resolution. You own challenges to completion, delivering to tight deadlines, and coordinating multiple stakeholders.
- Highly organised, confident with developing plans and justification;
- Interested and familiar with researching and developing insights;
Responsiv specialise in conceiving and delivering technology solutions that connect systems, people, and markets to share information and automate business processes.
We have strategic partnerships with IBM, Red Hat, and Microsoft, and a vibrant partnering and associate programme. We leverage these relationships to deliver exceptional skills and experience to projects.
Responsiv provide excellent training and growth opportunities as well as the chance to work with some of the country’s largest and most prestigious companies. We offer a varied and interesting work environment that will provide opportunities for you to become a leading expert in integration, security, cloud infrastructure, or Artificial Intelligence in business. You will be joining a high performing team that is supportive and enjoys a high degree of freedom to truly address exciting problems and play with technology. Be part of something bigger than yourself that you can influence and nurture.
- Responsiv do not sponsor work permits. We require you to have an unencumbered right to work in the UK.
- We will expect you to work most of the time from our Bracknell offices and to live within a reasonable commute distance.