IBM Product Briefing
Automate tasks to boost productivity and free employees to focus on higher-value initiative.
IBM Robotic Process Automation (RPA) with Automation Anywhere enables you to automate your routine tasks quickly and cost effectively. With RPA, you can automate your routine tasks like data entry, data transfer, and data collection quickly and cost effectively.
- Accelerate time to value by creating, testing, and deploying new automation schemes in hours, instead of days or months.
- Reduce human error by virtually eliminating all copy-and-paste mistakes that result from entering the same data into multiple systems.
- Increase throughput by completing automation tasks in seconds or minutes, around the clock, to deliver higher value for your customers.
IBM Robotic Process Automation with Automation Anywhere includes entitlements for IBM Automation Platform for Digital Business.
Product names relevant to this briefing include IBM Integration, IBM Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
In today’s increasingly competitive business landscape, organizations are trying to optimize business operations by leveraging the power of automation to transform the way work gets done. The goal is to increase employee productivity and accelerate innovation in managing business operations to drive top line and bottom-line growth. One way to do this is to use bots to automate repetitive human tasks. According to Gartner, Inc. robotic process automation software revenue grew 63.1% in 2018, and revenue is expected to reach $1.3 billion in 2019.
Only IBM offers an RPA platform with enterprise-grade automation capabilities to augment task automation, giving customers the ability to orchestrate workflows, integrate with business rules and decisions, manage content, and capture data.
- Low code authoring environment – simple screen recorders and hundreds of easy-to-configure commands that are accessible to the business and powerful scripting tools for IT developers.
- Control Room – centralized bot repository and governance with role-based user access control, bot scheduling, workload management, and development lifecycle management.
- Credential Vault Locker – bank-grade security for managing bot credentials with clear separation of user responsibilities.
- Attended and Unattended Bot Runners – schedule bots to run batches of jobs automatically on a server or trigger bots on a user’s desktop to assist them with their day-to-day activities.
- Bot Insight – gain insights into both the performance of the RPA environment and the performance of the business operations, using dashboards to view data collected by your bots.
- IBM Automation Platform for Digital Business – integrate RPA with broader automation capabilities such as data capture, content, workflow, and decisions to expand the value of your automation program.
Why would you be interested?
RPA is applicable to organizations in any industry that wants to optimize their business operations by adopting automation technology. Industries in which RPA is popular include Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI), Manufacturing, Pharma & Healthcare, Retail, Telecom, and others.
Unlike other automation technologies RPA is accessible to small-to-medium sized organizations, because it has a lower barrier to entry in terms of cost, simplicity and time-to-value. But it is equally applicable to large enterprises which can benefit from huge performance and financial rewards by optimizing activities that are currently being performed by a large human workforce.
If you are concerned about;
- Inefficiencies and costs of business operations.
- Difficulty getting started and defining a strategy for digital transformation.
- Low business productivity due to dependency on IT.
- Lack of visibility into business operations to make better decisions.
- Challenges in customer satisfaction, retention and buyer conversion rates.
Line of business owners, Shared Services/IT
RPA can be your first step on digital transformation journey to stay competitive. If you need the ability to automate repetitive low value tasks to free up their employees to focus on higher value work. RPA offers quick return on your investment.
Centre of Excellence department, Enterprise Architects, IT Operations
RPA offers an easy to use, low coding solution. Developers and end users with minimal technical knowledge can automate repetitive tasks with only some basic training in the use of the tools.
Richard Whyte has been building enterprise IT solutions for over 20 years. He is known for creating innovative practical solutions that provide a strong foundation for future development, whilst solving immediate problems. Previously the European CTO and Principal Architect for IBM Systems Middleware at IBM, he has an MBA, a degree in Statistics and Computing, is a Chartered Engineer, a Chartered IT Professional, and Fellow of both the Institute of Technology and the British Computer Society.