Product Description – RA000SD
The Responsiv Unity Rules Module as a Service provides a comprehensive decision management platform to effectively automate decision-making within and across business systems that is 100% compatible with IBM ODM rules engine.
Product Descriptions (PD) describe what to expect from a Responsiv product and are identified by the product number and an effective date. A product description provides the definitive description of a product and its entitlement, which supersedes any and all descriptions, marketing information, presentations, or other expectations that might have been communicated or assumed about the product.
This product is subject to the terms in the RL0002O Terms and Conditions for Responsiv Cloud
Product description for purchases of entitlements after August 2020
This document supersedes v0-0 of this product description.
- Operating Environment includes a single instance with a dedicated development, test and production runtime environment.
- A web site for users to access the operating environments and administration capabilities that are defined for their role.
- Email Notifications that notifies users about their Cloud Service access, password changes, and will also notify administrators of Cloud Service status and scheduled changes.
- Daily Automatic Online Backup performs a daily backup that can be used for automated recovery of the Cloud Service. The backup is encrypted and stored at a different data center location.
- Export Client Content allows Client's content to be exported from the Cloud Service for storage at a location chosen by Client and at Client's expense.
- Automated Monitoring and Recovery monitors the availability of the Cloud Service and executes a recovery if it becomes unresponsive or unreachable.
- Account Administrator provides Client with an Account Administrator user login and password to access the operating environment. The Account Administrator will have the ability to manage a Cloud Service user's access to the operating environment, and assign and delete Cloud Service User roles. The Account Administrator may assign additional Cloud Service users to have administrator privileges.
- User Management Page enables Account Administrators to create and delete new users and assign roles. Cloud Service Users access the user management page to manage their personal user information. The Cloud Service Users may be assigned to one or more roles that will enable access to specific role-defined Cloud Service capabilities.
Data Processing and Protection
Cloud Hosting and Service Levels
Availability Credit (% of monthly subscription fee*)
Less than 99.9% 2%
Less than 99.0% 5%
Less than 95.0% 10%
* The subscription fee is the contracted price for the month that is subject to the claim.
Technical support for the Cloud Service, including support contact details, severity levels, support hours of availability, response times, and other support information at https://responsiv.co.uk/support/
● Authorized User is a unique user authorized to access to the Cloud Services in any manner directly or indirectly (for example, through a multiplexing program, device or application server) through any means.
● Concurrent User is the number of users simultaneously accessing the Cloud Service in any manner directly or indirectly (for example, through a multiplexing program, device, or application server) at any particular point in time. A person who is simultaneously accessing the Cloud Service multiple times counts only as a single Concurrent User.
● Terabyte is 2 to the 40th power bytes processed by, used, stored, or configured in the Cloud Service.
● Gigabyte is 2 to the 30th power bytes of data processed by, analysed, used, stored, or configured in the Cloud Services.
● Connection is a link or association of a database, application, server, or any other type of device which have been or are made available to the Cloud Service.
● Instance is each access to specific configuration of the Cloud Services.
● Gigabyte Transmitted Outbound is each GB (2 to the 30th power bytes) of data transmitted from the Cloud Services.
● Virtual Processor Core is a standard capacity, virtualized processor that is available to or managed by the Cloud Services.
1) If Responsiv has commits to pricing as specified in a TD, Responsiv will not change such pricing during the specified term. If there is not a specified commitment, then Responsiv may change pricing on thirty days' notice.
2) Responsiv will invoice: (i) recurring charges at the beginning of the billing frequency term; (ii) overage and usage charges in arrears; and one-time charges upon Responsiv’s acceptance of an order.
Term and Termination of a Cloud Service
1) The term begins on the date Responsiv notifies Customer that Customer can access the Cloud Services. The ordering TD will specify whether the Cloud Services renew automatically, proceed on a continuous use basis, or terminate at the end of the term. For automatic renewal, unless Customer provides written notice of non-renewal to Responsiv or the Responsiv Business Partner involved in the Cloud Services at least 30 days prior to the term expiration date, the Cloud Service will automatically renew for the specified term. For continuous use, the Cloud Services will continue to be available on a month to month basis until Customer provides 30 days written termination notice to Responsiv or the Responsiv Business Partner involved in the Cloud Service. The Cloud Services will remain available until the end of the calendar month after such 30-day period.
Enabling Software - Definition
For example, if this Program were licensed on a core basis and the original purchase was a 4-core entitlement then the Customer would be required to obtain 4-core entitlements to the separately licenced code, “Extender” if they wished to benefit from this code.
Product Release Schedule
Responsiv Unity software is our strategic platform and as such it is continually developed and maintained. Our release schedule for planning purposes is:
We expect to release a new major version of the product annually. This will roll-up any patches released since the last major release.
Patches are released as they are identified and developed. Patches are required to be applied in order. Patches are not intended to add to the features or capabilities of the platform/product. Patches are categorised into:
• Security – Patch specifically or including for a security flaw or weakness.
• Critical – Patch that will be requested by support to be applied before attempting to resolve a problem.
• Optional – Nice to have fixes.
Extenders are released as they become available. They extend the function or capability of an existing Responsiv Unity module and are optional. Extenders may be rolled into future releases at our sole discretion.
Toolkits are provided to help you write code for Responsiv Unity Modules that can take better advantage of the platform. They are “developer time” assets and provided as-is. Not all Responsiv Unity products have toolkits.
Data Processing Specific to this Product
Categories of Data Subjects
Responsiv Solutions will process Personal Data of all Data Subjects listed above in accordance with the Agreement. Given the nature of the Services, Customer acknowledges that Responsiv Solutions is not able to verify or maintain the above list of Categories of Data Subjects. Therefore, if the Customer does not use this Cloud Service with all the Data Subjects as set out above, then Customer is responsible for providing complete, accurate, and up-to-date information to Responsiv Solutions on the actual Data Subjects from within the above list that Customer will process in this Cloud Service via Additional Instructions to Responsiv Solutions.
Types of Personal Data
- Technically Identifiable Personal Information (such as device IDs, usage based identifiers, static IP address, etc. - when linked to an individual)
- Employment Related Identifiable Information (any HR data such as job history, performance review information, etc.)
- Personality Related Identifiable Information (such as personality insights or sentiment analysis)
- Financial Information (e.g., PCI DSS, FFIEC, etc. - such as credit card, bank account, financial holdings, salary information, etc.)
- Healthcare Information (data related to physical or mental health of an individual, or which otherwise reveals information about his or her health status. such as patient record, health insurance information, diagnostic and treatment information)
- Personal Location Information (such as geolocation data)
- Behavioural biometrics processed to identify patterns, not individuals
Customer should not include personal data in text fields that are not intended for or do not request personal data.
Special Categories of Personal Data
- Personal Data revealing political opinions
- Personal Data revealing religious or philosophical beliefs
- Personal Data revealing trade union membership
- Genetic data
- Biometric data
- Health data
- Data concerning a person's sex life or sexual orientation
- Personal Data relating to criminal convictions and offenses
- Receipt of Content from Data Subjects and/or third parties
- Computer processing of Content, including data transmission, data retrieval, data access, and network access to allow data transfer if required
- Technical customer support involving Content at Customer request, including monitoring, problem determination, and problem resolution
- Transformation and transition of Content as necessary to deliver the Cloud Service
- Storage and associated deletion of Content
Duration of Processing
Technical and Organisational Measures
Responsiv Solutions' foundational Technical and Organisational Measures for data protection within its Cloud Services are as described in Responsiv Solutions' Data Security and Privacy Principles for Responsiv Solutions Cloud Services (https://responsiv.co.uk/legal/ ) or as otherwise described below or within this Cloud Service Description
Customer Content is encrypted when transmitted by Responsiv Solutions on any public networks.
Customer Content is encrypted when transmitted by Responsiv Solutions within the Cloud Service's private datacenter network.
Customer Content is encrypted at rest within the Responsiv Solutions Cloud Datacenter.
Deletion and Return of Content
If requested prior to termination or expiration of the Service, Responsiv Solutions will return a copy of Customer Content that is accessible to Responsiv Solutions within a reasonable period and in a reasonable format.
Customer may also request removal of Content (including Customer Personal Data) at any time prior to termination or expiration of the Cloud Service.
Hosting and Processing Locations
Third Party Sub-Processors
This Cloud Service may involve the following third party Sub-processors in the Processing of Content, including Customer Personal Data:
- IBM Cloud
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon AWS
- Google Cloud
- 4D Data Centres
Any changes to Sub-processors will be communicated via update of this document. Additional details on each 3rd party sub-processor are available upon request.
Privacy Contact and Customer Notifications
The general privacy contact for Responsiv Cloud Services is firstname.lastname@example.org
A self-service portal is also available https://responsiv.co.uk/support/ to allow subscribed customers to sign up for push notifications of any changes to the data processing or technical and organisational measures associated with this Responsiv Solutions Cloud service.
Data Privacy Officer and Other Controllers
Richard Whyte has been building enterprise IT solutions for over 20 years. He is known for creating innovative practical solutions that provide a strong foundation for future development, whilst solving immediate problems. Previously the European CTO and Principal Architect for IBM Systems Middleware at IBM, he has an MBA, a degree in Statistics and Computing, is a Chartered Engineer, a Chartered IT Professional, and Fellow of both the Institute of Technology and the British Computer Society.